Product Development Engineer
GitBook is a modern documentation platform. Our ambition is to empower technical teams by seamlessly integrating knowledge management into their existing asynchronous workflows. GitBook is where technical teams document, and we make it easy to plan, centralize and share knowledge, from start to ship. We're a fully remote who are building the future of work. You will be joining during a pivotal moment for GitBook. We've enjoyed great success since we were founded, and now we're taking conscious steps to take our company to the next level. That means you will have the opportunity to build, positively impact the trajectory of the company and enjoy the benefits of helping our company grow.
Some things we’re proud of:
🤝 Used by over 2M users
💼 Backed by top partners such as P9 Capital, Notion Capital and Fly VC
We are building some exciting product features and we're focused on evolving our technical product capabilities, along with our core team structures, processes, and practices. The Product Development Engineer will be an integral part of our journey to evolve our product and develop a platform used my thousands of technical teams globally.
As a Product Development Engineer you will contribute to the product vision while executing on our product roadmap with high technical quality, to create an outstanding experience for our users.
You'll help us in our challenging mission to craft rewarding relationships between our product and our users.
- You'll participate in crafting a strong product driven engineering culture that places a heavy emphasis on product thinking throughout the entire development lifecycle to maximize user impact.
- You'll grow GitBook's impact on millions of users by solving technical product challenges of high scope and complexity .
- You'll leverage a product driven approach to crafting our unique, highly scalable solutions for complex systems with a serverless philosophy that drives our application.
- You'll own the implementation of new features from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- You'll contribute to the definition and be the advocate of our internal standards for style, maintainability and best practices.
- You'll provide mentorship for engineers to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers.
We’re working on a server-less architecture (usingGoogle Cloud services) in NodeJS and React (both in TypeScript). Here's our stackshare.io page to learn more about our stack.
We follow a squad structure, where you will be working closely cross-functionally to reach specific squad goals. Engineering works to continuously deliver value, focusing on shipping high quality features in the shortest time possible. We use agile processes that work for us and experiment frequently. Our process runs on cycles (mostly async) that emphasize ownership and operating in the open.
We leverage Kanban mechanisms that prioritize throughput, velocity, and impact to help us succeed in our mission to foster rewarding relationships between our product and our users. As a product focused organization, Engineering works in tandem with Product, Design, and Support to participate in crafting value throughout the entire product delivery process.
- Your product-oriented mindset You are driven by creating values for our users, and not solely by solving hard tech problems. You have experience owning a project from concept to production, with a focus on the end user and final impact. You approach engineering with an empathy driven mindset that keeps a broader context when executing.
- Your teamwork You understand that value is created and delivered to users. You help the team operate openly and transparently, elevating the quality of documentation and our rigour. You grow through experimentation and lead with compassion, improving the organization and your teammates.
- Your technical experience You have experience working with TypeScript, React and NodeJS.
- Your engineering skills You have a solid understanding of how web applications are built and delivered to users. You are comfortable with topics such as performance optimisation, data synchronisation, and caching. Your experience in application monitoring and debugging will also be valued and it will be an added plus if you have experience with server-less infrastructure.