GitBook is a modern documentation platform. Our ambition is to empower technical teams by seamlessly integrating knowledge management into their existing asynchronous workflows. We're a fully remote who are building the future of work, inside and outside of our organization.
You will be joining during a pivotal moment for GitBook. We've enjoyed great success since we were founded, and now we're taking conscious steps to take our company to the next level.
That means you will have the opportunity to build, positively impact the trajectory of the company and enjoy the benefits of helping grow our company.
💼 Backed by top partners such as P9 Capital, Notion Capital and Fly VC
🗺️ Fully-remote team in over 14 countries across North America, Europe and Asia
The Product Specialist is a key part of GitBook's go-to-market strategy. The role is designed to help us accelerate revenue by identifying key opportunities to engage with high-potential accounts early on in their customer journey. We have thousands of signups per month, and some are not best served through our self-serve motion, so it's the job of the Product Specialist to identify these strategic opportunities and build relationships at scale.
You can think of this role as part customer success and part solution selling (aka helping, not selling), with a laser focus on providing value to the end user. By becoming an expert with the GitBook product you will arm yourself with the knowledge to educate customers on product features, answer workflow questions, and unblock them to help speed up their adoption, so they realise value early in their journey.
- As a Product Specialist you will be tasked with building and validating 'Playbooks', which are repeatable combinations of customer touchpoints to achieve a desired outcome (e.g. free to paid conversion, paid account expansion)
- Qualify signups/accounts and make a judgement call about investing your time and energy
- Proactively reach out to users & companies that meet our ideal customer profile
- Be the main go-to POC at GitBook for many customers early in their journey
- Run customer calls and give product demos / Q&A's (sometimes 1-on-1, sometimes 1-to-many)
- Answer inquiries (usually from hand-raisers) around pricing and use-case fit
- Capture and distill feedback from user conversations and relay this back to the product squads
- Convert feedback you're hearing into initiatives to help unblock users at scale (e.g. assisting an user with a product question and updating our docs to help the next user answer the same question)
- Happier customers - increased adoption of the product leads to improved retention & decreased churn
- Feedback loop - you will be one of the main voices of the customer internally and will be an influence on what we work on
- Long term relationships - you will be the first human touchpoint for many GitBook users. Your work will set the foundation for growing a single user trialling our tool into an enterprise-wide agreement.
Measuring the impact*:
*The key success metrics for this role will likely evolve as we learn (quickly).
- ARR acceleration of owned accounts (what is the incremental difference resulting from our Playbooks)
- Efficiency (ability to be as efficient as possible with your time and send users back into the self-serve funnel if they did not need human assistance)
- Feedback loop (qualitative - how effectively are you bottling up your insights from speaking to customers and sharing with the rest of the company)
- Retention of accounts
The compensation for this role is 80% base salary + 20% bonus based on impact and qualitative assessment (i.e. are you providing a first-class customer experience? are you taking initiative and improving the company?). The bonus is paid on a quarterly basis.
- Your insatiable curiosity and beginners mindset
- Your self-starter mentality and work smarter approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication (native English proficiency)
- Customer facing experience or relationship management experience (bonus if it's in B2B SaaS)
- Ability to work effectively in a squad model and collaborate with Product, Marketing, Success and Engineering
- Bias towards impactful action. Driving results, demonstrating full ownership and keep yourself accountable
- Your experience addressing and selling to a tech audience (developers, technical writers, PMs)
- Track record of hitting revenue and account growth goals is a big plus!
First, we will take the time to review your application and we will get back to you within a week, regardless of our decision.
We know that your time is valuable so we work to move the process along quickly and keep it casual. We're not believers in "gotcha" questions or checking for skills you'll never actually use at GitBook.
Here's what our process will look like:
- Meeting with Lilian from our People team (30 min) to deep dive on your experience and skills
- Meeting with our Revenue Operations Manager (60 min) to discuss your experience and skills needed for the role
- Short case study to assess your skills live
- Meeting with our COO (45 min) to ensure there's alignment between
- Meeting with peers (60 min) to get to know each other
This process is not set in stone, we might add steps to the process as we go along, like a work sample. We will make sure to keep you posted!
We joke internally that GitBook is the best kept secret. It's not always clear from the outside looking in that we're a great company, with a positive environment and fantastic team. When asked how they describe our culture, this is what came up (in order of how frequently it was mentioned):
- Supportive, approachable and friendly peers. Everyone is willing to help
- Flexibility, truly remote company. We can choose when and where we work
- Transparent. Open communication, feedback is listened to and actioned
- Safe space. It's ok to fail, we can ask any questions and there's no judgement
- We care about people and treat them fairly
- Autonomy & trust by default
Of course we can always get better, and there are some things that you might find frustrating:
- We're still defining what success looks like for each person and team, and this creates confusion
- We're working on being more agile and iterating quicker
- We need to create more opportunities to socialize and connect as people
- We are (ironically) not great at documentation
The great news is that we're continuously optimizing our culture and you will see that every single team member is a value addition to our culture, and our company values are very present in our day to day:
- 🚀 Bias towards impactful action
- 🙋♀️ Care (Give a sh*t)
- 🤝 Transparency
- 🏗 Keep it simple
Come make your mark on building the future of work with us.