Talent Acquisition Partner
GitBook is a modern documentation platform. Our ambition is to empower technical teams by seamlessly integrating knowledge management into their existing asynchronous workflows. We're a fully remote team who are building the future of work.
You will be joining during a pivotal moment for GitBook. We've enjoyed great success since we were founded, and now we're taking conscious steps to take our company to the next level.
That means you will have the opportunity to build, positively impact the trajectory of the company and enjoy the benefits of helping grow our company 20x.
📈 We have close to 25,000 sign-ups per month and 10% revenue growth month-over-month
🤝 Used by over 2M users and thousands of teams such as Adobe, Netflix, Apple, Snyk, and Google
💼 Backed by top partners such as P9 Capital, Notion Capital and Fly VC
🗺️ Fully-remote team in over 15 countries across North America, Europe and Asia
As an early hire in the People Team at GitBook, you will have direct impact on "how we do things around here". You will help us grow as a product-led, people-first organization, partner with our teams as they scale, define and execute on our recruitment strategy and create a successful employer brand.
As a SaaS, tech startup, you will be working on both tech and business roles. Like many dynamic startups, the responsibilities of the role may change over time, which requires flexibility and the ability to adapt.
You'll report directly to Lilian, our Head of People, and work closely with our People and Talent Manager.
- Partner with our leaders to understand their hiring objectives and develop the right talent acquisition strategies
- Create role-specific recruitment strategies to optimize our hiring based on a candidate-centric model
- Actively source for open roles
- Create compelling job ads and posting them on the right channels
- Identify the best platforms and messaging to mazimize volume and quality of inbound applications
- Create scorecards and align on assessment criteria for open roles
- Create alignment between interviewers and drive the recruitment process forward
- Drive the design of our employer branding, including our careers page and platforms like Glassdoor
- Stay in close contact with candidates to ensure they have a positive experience
- Create recruitment reports and maintain high visibility internally
- Manage our referral program
- Proactively reach out to potential candidates and maintain talent pools for difficult to fill, high demand roles
- Build strong relationships with potential candidates for roles we have in the pipeline for the upcoming 12 months
- Foster a strong position on relevant community groups and platforms, and engage with our potential candidates community
And here are the kinds of projects you might work on in your first few months:
- Partner with Engineering to scale the team with Product and Backend Engineers
- Partner with our Head of Marketing to build the Marketing team from scratch
- Work with our Design team to create an employer brand and candidate persona
- Update messaging to be aligned with our candidate persona and update all external sites
As our Talent Acquisition Partner, your overarching goal is to make sure we have the right talent, in the right seats, at the right time, while creating a positive candidate experience and enhancing our employer brand.
Success for this role means:
- The team has scaled 2X with strong talent that meets both the specific requirements for the role, and is aligned with how we do things
- Our recruitment process is optimized for our candidate persona, and is both effective and efficient
- Our candidates have a positive experience.
- We have a strong employer brand that attracts high quality applicants.
The key metrics we will keep track of to ensure we're achieving our Talent Acquisition goals are:
- Time to fill
- Quality of Hire
- Number of candidates sourced
- Conversion rates
- Hiring manager feedback
- Candidate NPS
- Number of inbound applicants
- Your Talent experience in early stage companies growing at high-speed and direct experience scaling a team from 50-500 in 2-3 years
- Your remote-readiness and understanding of how to recruit globally
- Your experience hiring for tech roles
- Your experience building effective employer brands
- Your experience creating effective recruitment strategies and processes
- Your understanding of how to optimize and enhance the candidate experience
- Being adaptable in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Being a team player, working well with team members from different backgrounds
- Communicating effectively async and sync, and increasing visibility on Talent
- Your ability to self-manage and work smart - prioritize effectively, move fast but not rushed and deliver ambitious results with limited guidance
- Taking control and owning it, no such thing as “it’s not my job”
First, we will take the time to review your application and we will get back to you within a week, regardless of our decision.
We know that your time is valuable so we work to move the process along quickly and keep it casual. We're not believers in "gotcha" questions or checking for skills you'll never actually use at GitBook.
Here's what our process will look like:
- Meeting with the Head of People (60 min) to look for healthy alignment and understand your skills
- Discussion with the COO (60 min) to deep dive on your experience and skills
- Case study to assess your recruitment skills in real time
- Peer meeting with a member of the team (60 min) to validate there's values alignment and answer all your questions about working at GitBook
- Meet the Founder call (45 min) with Samy, co-founder
We joke internally that GitBook is the best kept secret. It's not always clear from the outside looking in that we're a great company, with a positive environment and fantastic team. As a Talent Acquisition Partner you'll appreciate that over 90% of our team members report having a positive experience at GitBook. When asked how they describe our culture, this is what came up (in order of how frequently it was mentioned):
- Supportive, approachable and friendly peers. Everyone is willing to help
- Flexibility, truly remote company. We can choose when and where we work
- Transparent. Open communication, feedback is listened to and actioned
- Safe space. It's ok to fail, we can ask any questions and there's no judement
- We care about people and treat them fairly
- Autonomy & trust by default
Of course we can always get better, and there are some things that you might find frustrating:
- We're still defining what success looks like for each person and this creates some confusion
- We need to create more opportunities to socialize and connect as people
- We're working on being more agile and iterating quicker
- We are (ironically) not great at documentation
The great news is that optimizing our culture is part of what you will help us do. You will see that every single team member is a value addition to our culture, and our company values are very present in our day to day:
- 🚀 Ambition (Aim higher)
- ✊ Ownership (Take control and Own it)
- 📈 Accountability (Be accountable to results)
- 🙋♀️ Care (Give a sh*t)
- 🏃♂️ Train (Grow yourself)
- 🤝 Genuine (Say it and accept it)
- 👯♂️ Team player (Leverage the team)
- 🏗 Architect (Plan & Build)
Come make your mark on building the future of work with us.